Our contact details
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our website www.mclarens.co.uk, including any information you make provide through our website when you purchase or request a product or service.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over the age of thirteen.
Mclarens Surrey Homes is the data controller, and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this privacy notice).
Name: Mclarens Surrey Homes
Address: 86a South Street, Dorking. RH4 2EW. Surrey
Phone Number: 01306 779 429
The type of information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Identity data: Full name and contact details (including your contact number, email and postal address). Information relating to your identity where we are required by law to collect this in order to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the Immigration Act, information on your close connections where we are required to conduct conflicts of interests under regulatory obligations.
- Financial and transaction data: May include bank account and payment card details, and may include details about payments between ourselves and other details of purchases made by you
- Profile data: information on any access requirements you have necessary to enable us to find suitable properties for you, which may consist of special category personal data comprising details of any disability or other health information about you
- Marketing and communication data: details about your areas of interest where we wish to send you marketing information about similar products and services
- Usage data: Usage information about your visits to our website (which enable our website to remember information about you and your preferences) and use of our site. This may include information about your visit, including ---the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
- Technical data-clicks through to and from our site (including date and time). Products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Other technical information, including what devices you use to connect to our App, device location data where this function is not disabled by you on your device, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Your communications with us, including a record of the email or telephone correspondence created when you contact us as part of a product or service query.
Where we need to collect personal data by law (for example to meet our obligations to prevent fraud and money laundering) or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- Sensitive data: We do not collect sensitive data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about you race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sex orientation, political opinions, trade union memberships, information about our health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
We may collect personal data from you in a number of ways, depending on the service you have used, including personal you have given us:
- By submitting a request via ‘contact us’ or tell us’ facility on our website for us to contact you.
- Corresponding with us by email, telephone, letter or other means
- Applying for a service from us
- In discussion with one of our team, by telephone, email, letter or other means
- By participating in feedback or surveys, or by providing contact details offline
How will we use the information you provide?
We will hold and use personal information about you in the following ways:
- In order to fulfil our obligations to you when providing you with our property services
- To share your information with others where necessary to fulfil our property services for you or where acting as agent for a third party on your behalf
- To comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations, including [verifying your identity, prevention of fraud and money laundering and to assess your credit worthiness]
- Communicate with you during the course of providing our services, for example with your enquiries and requests.
- Statistical purposes so we can analyse figures to help us manage our business and plan strategically for the future.
- To provide you, or to enable [third parties] to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, where you have provided permission for us to do so or, if you are an existing customer only, where we choose to contact you by electronic means (including e-mail or SMS) with information about our own goods and services similar to those which you have already obtained from us or negotiated to obtain from us . For those marketing messages you can unsubscribe at any time
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
General data protection regulation
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored at Mclarens Surrey Homes. 86a South Street, Dorking. RH4 2EW. Surrey, as well as on our secure servers.
We keep your personal data for as long as you are a customer of ours. Thereafter we may keep your data for up to seven years to enable us to respond to any questions or complaints, and to maintain records where we are legally required to do so. We may keep your data for longer than seven years if we cannot delete if got legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We will then dispose your information by shredding and disposing of any printed/written documents, and off our server portals.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com. 01306 779 429 or 86a South Street, Dorking. RH4 2EW if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
Mclarens Surrey Homes
86a South Street
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk