Selling your home in 2020
Entering a new decade for many means change.
Whether it’s a job change, or an even greater change in selling and moving home.
As estate agents in Dorking, fortunately, we can help with the latter.
Here at Mclarens, we put great emphasis on making selling your home a breeze, so we’ve come up with some top tips to selling your home in 2020.
- Despite the doom and gloom we see in the news, sales of property in 2019 only fell by just under 3%* which means there are buyers eager and waiting, making it a seller’s market. So your first step will be to take the plunge and instruct an estate agent.
- Property prices are still rising, albeit rather modestly. So if you’ve been holding back amid fears your home has lost value, the chances are your property has continued to hold its own.
- Be prepared to dress your home for the buyer rather than for you. You’re selling the dream of a new home for those in the market to buy, so where possible ensure you portray that dream through your home.
- Be document-prepared. When selling your home, one of the key stallers is not having your documents prepared. The longer the delays, the more likely a buyer will be to pull out, meaning you must start the process all over again.
- Be prepared to try something different. Your estate agents are on-hand to guide and manage your property sale, although sometimes, gaining an interested party may take a little longer than anticipated. In these cases, be prepared, together with your estate agent, to try something new, from a juggle of property photos, to including extra media, open house marketing and potentially dropping the price.
If you’re hoping to make the change at the start of the new decade, we’re on hand to make that hope a reality. As expert estate agents covering Surrey including Dorking, Leatherhead and Reigate, Mclarens know property. Arrange a no-obligation valuation today 01306 884 635.