Make your new house a home
You’ve done the hard bit; you’ve moved to a new house. You’re in your new home with boxes all around you, in the unknown.
With boxes all around you, it’s hard to imagine your house becoming a home. So, here at Mclaren’s, your Dorking estate agents, we’ve come-up with some quick and easy tips to turn your brand-new house into your home.
- If your floors are much to be admired, a quick, easy and fairly cheap way to make your flooring more bearable is to use rugs. This is especially useful in echoey spaces with bare floors, brighten up those areas and make them a littler comfier to live in.
- Are your windows making you feel a little overlooked but you’re still unsure about what to cover your windows in? What about decorative or frosted window film? A great way to keep the light in, whilst retaining your privacy.
- Cover-up those colours you’re unsure of with a lick of paint. Easy, cheap and makes the world of difference in turning your house into your home.
- Add accessories. From soft furnishings to decorative pieces, paintings and pictures, and simple lamps, just the smallest of touches can make a huge difference to make your new home, yours.
- Add your home scents. When turning your house into your home, remember your five senses, including smell. We all have that familiar home smell which could be easily achieved simply by putting a wax melt on, or lighting a warming candle.
If you’re seeking your next home in Surrey, make sure you sign-up to Mclaren’s property alerts today or email email@example.com.
More News Articles
Buying and Selling
What should you remember when viewing property?
When it comes to viewing properties, whether you’re seeking your first home or another addition to your property portfolio, there are many things you...
Surrey: are you ready, camera, action!
We love Surrey, it’s picturesque, great connections, with the best people (of course!). But it seems we’re not the only ones in love with...
Property Market Updates
The property market: Beyond Brexit
Friday 31st January at 11pm, Britain left the European Union. But what does that mean for the property market? The team at Mclarens Estate Agents have sifted through...