How can you add more value to your property?
Selling your home in any market can be tough, but as local competition rises, so does your need to make your property really work for its money.
That is where we come in.
As Estate Agents based in the heart of Dorking, Surrey, and covering surrounding areas including Leatherhead, Reigate and Redhill, we know a thing or seven about adding even more value to your property.
- Add an en-suite: Even spending just £2,000 adding an en-suite to your property, can add over £5,000 to your property.
- Add an open fireplace: Potential buyers would love the opportunity to enjoy a cosy night in front of an open fire, or better yet: a wood-burning stove.
- Loft conversion: If you’re hoping to add to your property’s yield, a loft conversion is a fantastic option. Costing on average of £18-£22,000 you could increase the value of your property by an average of £45,000.
- Garage conversion: For some, a garage is a must. But for many, a converted garage is appealing. Doing so could increase the value of your property by up to 15%
- Kitchen extension: One, if not, the most important room of the house. By extending your kitchen (and even adding an island), your property’s value could increase by an average of 15%
- Apply for planning permission: If your property has potential, make it easier for prospective buyers by unleashing that potential by applying for planning permission ahead of listing your property.
- Kerb appeal: Unless your potential buyer is seeking a “project”, giving your home a boost by upping its kerb appeal is a great, relatively cheap, and easy way to add even more value to your property.
If you would like to find out how much your home is worth, why not contact the experts at Mclarens, your Surrey estate agents: 01306 884 635